Sunday, July 7, 2013

Odds and ends before insulation

Insulation time is just around the corner. In a little over a week the house is going to be completely sprayed and ready for interior work. Yippee! Until then I'm just doing little bits and pieces and will be doing an idiot check with family members to make sure I don't insulate 
and then find out there is a stud 26" on center.




All of my wires are run (minus one conduit that I am waiting on until the solar equipment arrives so I can run the necessary wires for the monitoring system). I used a vacuum cleaner to pull a string through the conduit to lead in the fish tape, and for those diy-ers like me who look to youtube for a number of how-tos, after the recommended piece of tape on the end of the string (to help with suction) got stuck in one of the conduits, I found doing a few small knots on the end of the string worked much better. 




The battery and electrical compartments is all framed out. Actually, it is already wrapped and has some trim, just no pics as of yet. 




I found this nifty attachment for exterior lights that conveniently fits bevel siding. 
The glass is carefully packed away during construction, 
but Dawn found me this very cute glass fixture that goes with this base. 




For the extractor fan vent I made the base using three separate pieces from scrap siding, 
one of which I had to sand down on a belt sander. 
Took a bit of time to get all the pieces to sit flush, but I think totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment