Sunday, June 2, 2013

Winter is over...

It has been a long while since I have posted... this winter has been an intense one. I graduated this month, thesis and all being complete (yay!), and there are only a few more weeks left in the school year (work school that is). Most trying was that my dad was diagnosed with cancer, and anyone who has dealt with a similar illness in the family understand the all encompassing roller coaster that that kind of event entails. Luckily the chemo seems to be doing what it is meant to do, and now we are just getting into a routine and waiting to see what happens after about 6 more months of treatments. Needless to say, it has been a long winter. Now that spring quickly begins to feel like summer I have been able to focus on building again- and it feels so refreshing to throw myself back into it. There are more updates to come shortly, but I thought I would leave you with one of the more exciting developments... my new stove. Made by Andrew over at Navigator Stove Works, it designed for boats and will be my main source of heat. 

I can not believe how perfect this stove is and can't wait to actually use it. I'm building a shelf for it though, with wood storage underneath. Otherwise I would probably trip over it constantly.
I thought by rv cooking stove was on the smaller size until....


Ha! It's the same size as a milk crate. Believe it not Navigator makes a smaller stove, about half the size.



No comments:

Post a Comment